Saturday, January 2, 2010

A Walk To Remember

I just watched a movie tonight called A Walk To Remember, at the recommendation of my niece GN. It was a great movie, very touching, romantic, funny, a little bit predictable but was so heartwarming I could almost overlook the predictability.
My favourite line in the movie: a young girl who is the local 'dork' preacher's daughter is asked by one of the 'hotshots' of school to help him with a project after school. In all seriousness she says to him "ok, but you have to promise you won't fall in love with me". Classic! If only more of us girls had that sort of confidence; that if only a guy would spend enough time with me he would naturally fall in love with me.

I wish I was more like her.

4 comments:

Larissa said...

I have always liked that line... I can't imagine ever saying that to a guy!

J said...

I think you should try Riss....it would suit you!

Anonymous said...

It's something to aim for isn't it? I don't think that anyone in life who is really in that situation would ever say something like that, but it's definitely something we should all strive for. TE

Larissa said...

hehe, so next time I hang out with one of my guy friends, I should preface it with "as long as you don't fall in love with me"!!