Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Suits and humour

My sister PE is down from the country for work and staying at a very nice hotel in the city. This evening we went to her hotel to say hi. She had the most beautiful view from the 19th floor of the Stamford Plaza, looking over Parliament House, the Railway Station and Adelaide Oval.
In the lift on the way back down a man got in who was wearing a suit and I must say he looked very very handsome. He was quite tall and stood in front of the digital screen which showed which floor the lift was at.
Madame I made a comment that she couldn't see the screen so he made a funny comment and actually squatted down so she could see it. It was quite a funny moment. Generally when you get in a lift no-one speaks, and everyone tries to pretend that no-one else is there.
After we left the hotel I remarked to the girls "that man in the lift was very handsome, wasn't he?". Madame I replies "yes, and he had a very good sense of humour, which is very important in a man". What a complete and total crack up! I think she will be part of the screening process if I ever have the opportunity to have a boyfriend again :-)
We then started a conversation about men wearing suits. I started it (admittedly) by saying that a suit just does something to a man, and even a fairly unattractive guy looks really handsome in a suit.
I've been teasing (very gently) Madame I about a young man she knows who is just the loveliest young guy and she gets on reasonably well with him. His mum is just one of the nicest women I know and his sister is a friend of Madame I's. I told her the other day that 'M' would be a great husband - you'd have a great sister-in-law and mother-in-law (I don't really know the dad, but he seems very nice).
Tonight when we were talking about men in suits she immediately bursts out with "well, if M was in a suit I'd sure want to marry him". She is just so funny sometimes. I laughed so loud I think I could have been heard miles away.
She's going to turn 11 in 2 months and she is just growing into a lovely young lady/girl. Her sense of humour is finally developing (along with other parts of her anatomy!) and we do have some real fun at times.
So, it seems we will both end up (hopefully) with men who have a great sense of humour and wear suits a lot! :-)

3 comments:

Larissa said...

Suits are certainly a good thing!

DebA said...

11 already? Where does the time go!

Alyce @ Blossom Heart Quilts said...

LOL! A good suit and good humour certainly do make a good man!