Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Death, and studying

I found out last night that one of my cousins died on Monday. We had a family reunion in Sept 07 and he was diagnosed with cancer soon after that. He must have been fairly sick for some time because by that stage he had cancer in all his major organs and was given months to live. It's very sad. He was about to turn 43 (his birthday is in 3 weeks) and was married with three young children.
His funeral is Friday afternoon (in Coonalpyn!) so I'm going to take the girls out of school for the day and take them to the funeral.
I also have the girls for the whole weekend this weekend. This will be the first time (apart from Easter weekend) that I've had a whole weekend with them since we separated I think. It will be nice to be able to do normal family type stuff, like visiting friends together. I do miss them a lot when they're not here.
I've started my next two subjects at Uni. Cultural Perspectives on Science and Technology and the other one is Social Sciences in Australia. My head is hurting considerably more than it was last study period. I hope I can bluff my way through this.
I won't find out my exam result from last study period until June 29th apparently.

No comments: