Friday, October 16, 2009

Nearly 12 months

Next week will mark the 12month 'anniversary' of my separation from D. I've been looking forward (in a funny kind of way) to this moment so that I can get some closure and 'move on' emotionally.
Now that's it almost here it is a bit overwhelming. I've filled in the divorce papers and have them ready to be notarised and lodged next Thursday. I just sent D an email to forewarn him that they will be coming cos I'm pretty sure he will be devastated by it.
I can feel all the grief and sadness and hurt flooding back again. It's quite surreal. I'll have to remember to be gentle with myself in the coming days and weeks I guess.

3 comments:

Brandi-lee said...

Unfortunately we never forget our pains of past, we just find a way of dealing with them to a point where we can pack them in a box and shelf them until God wants us to open it back up to maybe deal with a bit more.
Treat yourself to some great outings this week Jen. It's ok to have all those feelings come back up when something has shaken the lid off so to speak, just don't go spiraling down and entertaining them longer than God wants you too.
Mwah, love you xxx

J said...

Couldnt have said it better Brandi...Lots of love Jen XXX

Anonymous said...

Brandi is a very wise woman ... take heed my sister!! My love and prayers and hugs (virtual sadly) will be surrounding you this week. TE