Friday, March 13, 2009

Here it is!



So, this is my new tattoo - decided I didn't want to wait for it to heal up properly before I show you. It is a bit red and swollen, so it will look nicer in a week or so.

The guy who did it said my Dad had really crappy handwriting! I explained that he'd been a shearer, so when I first asked Mum for a signature I was kind of expecting it might be an 'X' on a page! I was actually impressed with it. I had to explain to the tattooist (who is an artist, a very very good one, and a perfectionist) that I know this isn't 'art' and what he's used to doing, but it's really important to me. He did understand that, and was encouraging me to come back and get some art done sometime.... we'll see.

It actually didn't hurt as much as I thought it would - but yes, it did hurt! There were two guys who got there at the same time and they'd both booked in for 4 hours of work!!!! Oh my gosh! I just can't imagine laying there for 4 hours with that sort of pain and no epidural! I did say to him that if he could give me an epidural I'd consider coming for a 4 hour session, but he just laughed so I guess that's not going to happen.

I'm going out for dinner tonight so hopefully it won't bother me too much while I'm being a little social butterfly. One thing's for sure - I'm positive it won't stop me from wanting to eat!!! lol....

I haven't told the girls yet that I've got it and they've just left with D until tomorrow afternoon. If I can I'll probably wait til it's healed up a bit first and looks a bit prettier.

Well, that's all for now folks. Cheerio

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks great Jen and I know it has special meaning for you so I am really glad you got it done.
Look forward to seeing it in the flesh tmw lol

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen, I'm happy for you - you needed to fill a hole and now (hopefully) you're feeling more complete! I've just read all your blogs....hadn't read much since your early posts, I really respect you as a woman and a mother for all that you're going through! It must be the most incredible time - good and bad - relief and pain at the moment. I'm just really proud of you for hanging in there, trying to make the most out of each day! Have a good weekend Jen, love and hugs to you and your beautiful girls, Michelle xxx

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the club!! BF xx