Monday, April 6, 2009

Tidy beds

Hiya - I know, I only did a blog last night, but there you go, apparently my brain is ready to work again!
This coming weekend the girls and I are going camping with BF and our friends, J and A and their Indian Princess, because it's Easter weekend and we can! So D has decided to take a couple of extra days annual leave and go to Perth for the weekend to see some friends, which is fine. I thought I'd be magnanimous (go look it up!) and allowed him to have the girls for the entire weekend that we've just had. He picked them up Friday night and they came back last night (Sunday). After they left on Friday I made their beds, cos it's one thing that very rarely gets done. I have never been one to go around and make all the beds in the morning - I do make my own, but I've never really made the girl's beds, and they don't do it either. Every now and then if I remember, I'll ask them to make the beds before they go to school. So I made the beds Friday evening and they stayed that way all weekend, of course.
I've been out at music this morning and when I came home I walked past their bedroom door and noticed their beds are messy again, and had a nanosecond thought "why can't they just make their beds", then I realised the truth of that annoying email that goes around that tells us we should be grateful for messy beds cos it means we have children in them.... I remembered this and felt really thankful for those two messy beds because they are a sign that my girls are home again.
It's funny, cos if you know me you know I'm not overly maternal, and certainly don't usually pine away when the girls aren't with me. But I did miss them a lot this weekend. I think it's the first time they've been gone for the whole weekend too, so I guess it's all normal and all, but I was a little surprised at how happy I was to see those unmade beds this afternoon.
Cheerio,
Jen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful thought... I shall remind Science Man of that when I leave things a bit messy!! "It means that you're living with a girl" :P