Sunday, May 31, 2009

Giving up things

It's been a big week. As of this coming week I am studying a full time load. Because I'm such a procrastinator I felt the need to stop all the volunteering I've been doing so I don't have the distractions to my studies.
So on Monday I had my last Mainly Music class with Mrs Wiggle. It was really quite sad. We started our group two and a half years ago with Princess S and two other little girls. Now there are about 30 families coming each Monday, with about 80 children coming on-and-off. I feel like we've achieved so much and now I'm leaving. But at least the group is running really well and there are lots of families coming, so Mrs Wiggle has a great group to run with. The real problem was that (apart from the lady who comes to make coffee for us) we didn't have any other helpers, so me dropping out was quite likely going to be the end of the group, as Mrs W couldn't do it all on her own. But thankfully a couple of helpers have stepped out of the mist so tomorrow they'll be all set!
I've also stopped volunteering at our church emergency relief service. We provide food and some financial help to families on Centrelink benefits who are doing it tough (isn't half the city at the moment?!). It's only run one day a week so I was helping a little bit there too, and now I'm not. I've also pulled out of Sunday School teaching.
It's a big time of letting go, and being committed to study. I've never been great at study so I have a lot of mental barriers to get through. On Tuesday I have my first exam for the subject I've been doing since the start of February. I'm actually not toooooo stressed about it because I've had time to study and revise, mostly when the girls are at school or their Dad's.
Yesterday Madame I turned 9. My sister C came and did a craft party for her which was fantastic. The girls (she had three friends come) really enjoyed it and they each made a little photo album-I took photos of them all at the start of the party so they could use them in the album. Madame I really enjoyed it.
Also caught up with friends from Queensland that we stayed with in January. They're in Adelaide for the weekend to visit family and friends. It was great to see them again.
That's it for now - now I need to do some more study.

1 comment:

Larissa said...

I'll be praying for you and your exam Jenni :)